Welcome to Dear Saathi. By reaching out, you have taken the first and most important step in your recovery journey. We are dedicated to creating a safe space for you.
Connect with us:
Call 0417 219 387 for a confidential chat or email firstname.lastname@example.org anytime.
At Dear Saathi, we work with a holistic approach to help you maintain a sense of control over your current challenges and situation as you take steps towards healing and creating a desirable future for yourself. We offer counselling, casework, referrals, or information, be it from us or another service, and will work to connect you to community and network. Our hope is to empower you and support your current and future needs at your own pace. Founder Hamida Parkar is an accredited Social Worker, click here to view her profile.
What we offer
- Individual, Couples and Group therapy
- Casework, support and referrals
- Training and Supervision
- Psychosocial support and counselling to individuals and groups going through different crises and mental health conditions
Who, and how we support
- We support young people and adults who live with depression, anxiety, trauma and mental health conditions
- We work with individuals impacted by sexual assault or abuse, domestic violence; affected by grief and loss, societal inequality, biases, gender identity, sexual identity; struggling with life or personal issues relating to self-esteem, confidence, body image, health, relationships, work, unemployment etc.
- We offer you a safe space, working with you at your own pace, following an evidence-based practice, using trauma-informed and strength-based frameworks
- Our work is integrated and collaborative, we include a combination of trauma-focused, humanistic, recovery, anti-oppressive, behavioural, ecological family systems and narrative therapies
- We recognise that oppression and imbalance are present in our society, home, work and social spaces (based on race, gender identity, sexual identity, physical and mental ability, religion, class, physical appearance etc.) and the effect and impact they have on an individual’s mental health, experience and life
- We work with social justice and human rights principles which enable us to equip you with practical supports, tools, services and information to clarify your path forward
For counselling, we offer Face to Face appointments in Baulkham Hills, online & telehealth support to other areas in Sydney and anywhere in Australia, or another country i.e. India, United States. For casework or other support, we mainly cover Parramatta, Hills Shire and Penrith areas.
How to contact us
You can call us on 0417 219 387 for a confidential chat or email us at email@example.com anytime.
Dear Saathi charges a reasonable fee for all services and we are not covered by Medicare currently. Depending on prior agreement, referral or arrangement, we could make a cost adjustment to support your needs.
- Individual Counselling Face to Face: $150/ 1 hour
- Individual Counselling Online/Telehealth: $150/ 1 hour
- Casework: $180/ 1 hour
- If you are referred for counselling by NSW Victim Services, your fee is covered under The Victims Support Scheme, available to anyone who has experienced an act of violence in NSW. Click here to find out if you are eligible.
If for some reason you need to cancel or postpone your appointment, please give us at least 24 hours notice to avoid a fee.
Do I need a referral?
No, you don’t need a referral.
More questions or concerns?
It is natural to feel hesitant about counselling or your available supports and options. Feel free to call 0417 219 387 anytime for a confidential chat.